About the role:
Calian is currently seeking an experienced Dental Assistant that is needed to work one afternoon per week at the South West Detention Centre.
You will be providing support to the Dentist during one 8 hour clinic weekly, ensuring dental services are provided to the inmates at the Detention Centre.
This role is well suited to an experienced Dental Assistant whose main focus is client healthcare.
Key activities include:
• Assist Dentists at chairside to perform wide range of dental procedures
• Perform wide range of dental laboratory procedures
• Ensure instruments and equipment are sterilized and prepared for each patient treatment
• Provide administrative support such as scheduling programs, and maintaining patient records
• Graduate of a recognized Dental Assistant program
Type of assignment:
This is a casual contract, 8 hours per week (Friday)
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.