About the role:
Calian is currently seeking a Dental Assistant for 33 Health Services Centre, working between the CFB Kingston medical clinic and the new satellite clinic at RMC. The Dental Assistant functions as an essential member of the dental health care team in providing quality dental treatment for the Canadian Forces. The Dental Assistant will provide chair side assistance to Military Dentists at the Base.
Key activities include:
• Provides chair-side assistance for dental procedures at a Level II standard
• Taking and processing dental radiographs
• Performs dental laboratory procedures
• Performs sterilization and disinfection procedures on dental instruments
• Provides general clinical and administrative support
• Level II Dental Assisting Diploma
• NDAEB certified (National Dental Assistant Examining Board)
• Membership with the ODAA
• Must provide current copy of First Aid and CPR for Healthcare Practitioners
Type of assignment:
Contract, Full Time
Calian Group Ltd. has successfully re-won the Health Care Providers Requirements (HCPR) contract for the provision of health support services to the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF). Two additional contracts were also awarded for the provision of health support services to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC). The HCPR contract with the CAF is a renewal of the Health Services Support Contract (HSSC) that Calian has held since 2004. The HCPR contract has an initial term of four (4 years) and an option to extend the contract for up to eight (8) additional years for a total of 12 years.
#LI-KK1Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.