Type of Assignment: Contract, full-time
Length of Assignment: 1 year
Our client is currently sourcing for a senior Data Analyst to perform the following duties:
• Translate Business rules to Data Quality rules.
• Implement Data Quality rules within the Colleges standard Data Quality solution.
• Associate Data Quality metrics with critical data elements in the colleges Data Governance Platform.
• Within the Data Governance tool, map legacy data elements to destination objects and/or structure, leveraging existing data lineage and target data model/documentation.
• Collaborate with the institutional Data Governance team to ensure alignment with current policies, principles and procedures.
• Work with business team members on resolving quality issues using a pre-defined business assets framework and Data Governance tools.
• Assess level of effort for the various data remediation activities required to facilitate the migration of data from the legacy system to the target system.
• Validate migration data files for completeness and quality of format, content location and values.
• Identify and resolve discrepancies (format, content, values).
• Deliver data analysis reports that clearly articulate the data quality dimensions.
• Develop and Generate status reports to stakeholders on a weekly basis, and liaison with Business Lead on data analysis results and reporting.
• Creating a detailed project plan and oversight group (for this specific initiative)
• Define initial scope of service for the program, based on stakeholder consultations
• Create initial policies based on scope
• Define initial artifacts, a data management assessment and methodology approach
• Develop criteria for identifying and prioritizing data governance initiatives
• Approve specific work items from this project
• Identify current Data Governance Initiatives underway
• Identify initial tool set to be used for Data Governance
• 7+ years as a senior-level IT/IM consultant
• Experience providing analysis of data linage (both technical and business) and in-depth analysis of data sources to verify conformity to Business Rules and Data Quality standards.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Data Management and Data Governance.
• Experience interacting with business units and aligning IT principles of data management principles
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.