About the role:
Our Federal Government client has ongoing requirements for Senior Business Analysts to perform the following duties:
• Develop, review and manage business requirements
• Plan, coordinate, capture and follow up on meetings with partner Departments and agencies for business requirements gathering along with their prioritization, associated business impact, costs/cost models and business dependencies.
• Perform analysis of the business requirements to identify and document SSC and partner roles and responsibilities
• Perform analysis of the business requirements to identify and document information, procedures and decision flows, and associated policies.
• Capture the current use cases associated with the business requirements
• Obtain and manage formal written SSC partner approvals of the business requirements specification document
• Establish acceptance test criteria with client.
• Support and use the selected departmental methodologies.
• Document, review with stakeholders and track actions and meetings decisions
• Identify and document current state business processes (business or operations)
• Provide guidance to technical architects and developers to meet the requirements
• Develop presentations for stakeholders or senior executives
• Perform business analysis of functional requirements to identify information, procedures and decision flows;
• Identify and evaluate existing procedures, methods, and items such as database content and structure
• Define and document interfaces of manual to automated operations within application subsystems, to external systems and between new and existing systems
• Working with various stakeholders and other sources to understand and identify all requirements information that is relevant to the project. Facilitates cross-functional meetings and exercises to verify current state, to capture requirements and to ensure Cyber project(s) alignment to existing transformation initiatives/ programs;
o Planning and implementing all requirements-related activities, including elicitation, validation, reporting status, resolving conflicts, and gaining approval.
• Develops and manages detailed business and functional requirements for Cyber project(s), by preparing use cases, data models, and capturing existing business rules from various forms of documentation such as process maps and interviews with subject matter experts. Organizing, structuring and understanding the elicited requirements; putting them into an appropriate form, and performing necessary verification and validation on them;
o Managing the requirements themselves, including requirements change control and scope control.
• Clearance: Secret clearance (mandatory)
• Language: English
• Ten (10) years’ work experience in the IT field
• Experience working on Cyber Security projects is essential
• Experience in gathering, prioritizing, analyzing, and consolidating business requirements, interacting with the end users of one/multiple services and various project/program stakeholders, and identifying and documenting use cases associated with the business requirements
• Developing business requirements or implementing IT applications (web and/or desktop) and/or systems providing automation, data reporting, email, desktop, network infrastructure, or telecommunication services to users distributed across multiple sites.
• 5 years’ experience documenting the as-is state of existing business processes
Type of assignment:
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.