About the role:
Are you a curious person with a passion to make difference in the Canadian Army? Do you enjoy playing a huge role in the overall development and effectiveness on a variety of projects?
If so, we have the perfect role for you!
The TacC2IS SM Training Specialist’s will get the opportunity to monitor the evolution of LCSS and to analyze and determine TacC2IS SM training requirements for the Director Land Command Systems Program Management (DLCSPM).
DLCSPM is responsible for the development and delivery of LCSS training packages to the Army through Combat Training Centre. You will specifically get to develop packages on entirely new courseware, amendments to existing courses or complete re-writes of existing packages.
Other responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Analyze new software/firmware releases and TacC2IS SM training requirements
• Amend existing TacC2IS SM training documents to reflect software release changes
• Conduct TacC2IS SM training/refresher training
• Load and configure software release builds on Servers and Clients, as well as commercial DTs
• Load and configure new firmware release software on equipment in operational and training environments
• Configure Exchange messaging software
• Install and configure operational and training network platforms
• Certificate, Diploma or Degree in 1 of the following areas:
o Enterprise Network Management
o Computer Science Engineering
o ** OR ** a minimum of 2 years of demonstrated experience administering the Land Command System Support (LCSS) Network OR Enterprise Network
• 5 years experience as a courseware developer
• 1 year experience designing and instructing LCSS related courses
Become a part of the Calian team and join over 3,000 professionals working on projects that span Canada, U.S. and international markets. Our capabilities are diverse enabling us to offer professionals career opportunities within business and technology services in health, training, engineering and IT services as well as within the design, manufacturing and maintenance of complex systems to the communications and defence sectors. Founded in 1982, Calian is a Canadian company that is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (CGY).Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.