Are you looking to join a growing company where every day brings new challenges working alongside a team of dynamic and enthusiastic professionals? Calian is hiring! This is a great opportunity to join a company with a positive work environment at a great location in the West End of Ottawa! Did I mention free parking for Canadian Tire Centre events? Check out this great opportunity to join our awesome company and apply today to learn more about what we have to offer!
About the role:
The Contract Administrator (CA) is responsible for executing Calian business processes for contract execution of contracts in the Calian’s Services Lines.
The Contract Administrator is the primary administrative resource responsible for contract administration, as such the CA is responsible for:
• Customer contract acceptance process: review and quality assurance of customer contracts received prior to them being submitted for management approval;
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of the customer contracts and the IC agreements in order to ensure on-going compliance with all contractual arrangements including but not limited to: allowable travel expenses and required supporting documentation, restrictions on working schedules, over-time, leaves of absence etc; reporting requirements, 75% completion reporting etc;
• Adherence to Calian's policies, processes and internal controls framework;
• Maintaining working knowledge of applicable labour legislation that may impact Calian's direct workforce – to the degree sufficient to escalate any issues as appropriate to the Contract Management and/or Human Resources team.
• Human Resources/Business Administration College Diploma or University Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum 2 years' experience in a Customer Service or Administration role, preferably within an SAP environment.
• Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail combined with focus on deadlines and ability to drive things to completion.
• Self-starter who thrives in high-paced environment and works with minimum supervision to meet tight deadlines.
• Openness to new ideas, sound decision making and independent thinking.
• Excellent problem-solving skills, team-player who looks for win-win solutions and provides excellent customer service to both external and internal customers;
• Experience in dealings with Government Contracts or working knowledge of applicable Crown contract policies & practices would be an asset;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Intermediate knowledge using Microsoft Excel and Word
• Proficiency in French is an asset.
Type of assignment:
Become a part of the Calian team and join over 3,000 professionals working on projects that span Canada, U.S. and international markets. Our capabilities are diverse enabling us to offer professionals career opportunities within business and technology services in health, training, engineering and IT services as well as within the design, manufacturing and maintenance of complex systems to the communications and defence sectors. Founded in 1982, Calian is a Canadian company that is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (CGY).Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.