About the role:
Are you looking for your next adventure? Open to relocating? Looking for work-life balance, and a life outside of city limits?
Calian Health is seeking full time Clinical Social Workers with interest in supporting Canadian Armed Forces members in their exclusive outpatient clinic located at CFB Petawawa, near Pembroke, Ontario.
Join this mental health team and work alongside a mental health team consisting of Psychiatrists, Clinical Psychologists, Mental Health Nurses, Addictions Counsellors, and Clinical Social Workers.
• Outstanding team
• Collaborative Shared-Care Model
• Focus on clinical work with motivated Clients
• Time for Administrative Duties
• Range of Presenting Issues
Key Duties Include:
• Managing crisis interventions and conducting risk assessments for individuals and families
• Conducting intakes and completing bio-psychosocial assessments for a wide range of presenting issues such as work related stress, depression, anxiety, substance abuse, suicide ideation, relationship struggles, family stress, somatic complaints, personality disorders and PTSD
• Providing treatment through a variety of approaches including individual therapy, couples therapy, and group treatment therapy followed by evaluation of the treatment and therapeutic outcome
• Presenting the clients’ care with recommendations to the inter-disciplinary healthcare teams to develop an individualized treatment plan
• Analyzing the clients’ needs and provide information and advice to them and their families related to access to appropriate services and resources
• Facilitating educational activities and group interventions such as pre-deployment briefings, psychosocial services overview presentations, and group psycho-education sessions
• Implementing new interventions or treatment approaches such as telemedicine and virtual reality therapy
• Distributing local outreach material such as mental health awareness material to bases and units
• Creating and maintaining confidential client reports on treatment services
To be eligible for this position you must meet the following three requirements:
1. Must have a Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Social Work from a recognized university
2. Must have a minimum of 3 years post-graduate experience with an adult population administering assessments, creating treatment plans, and delivering counselling services for individuals, couples, and groups.
3. Must hold a current membership certificate as a Registered Social Worker with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
Type of assignment:
Full Time (37.5 hours per week).
Full-time package includes vacation and medical dental benefits. (Part-time opportunities also available)
Clinic Hours: Enjoy regular weekday hours, Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 4pm (no evenings, or weekends required!)
Interested in knowing more? Contact Kate Johnston, Health Services Recruiter, by email at [email protected] to arrange an informal call. We're always happy to chat!
Who is Calian Health:
Calian Health is proud to continue a long-standing contractual relationship with the Department of National Defence (DND) to provide healthcare services to the Canadian Armed Forces. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian Health employs health care professionals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of our military members.
#GD-KJ1Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.