About the role:
Offering a $10,000 signing bonus and competitive compensation package! Don't miss out on this unique opportunity!
Calian is proud to continue a long-standing contractual relationship with the Department of National Defence (DND) to provide healthcare services to the Canadian Armed Forces. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian employs health care professionals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of our military members.
The Operational Trauma and Stress Support Centre team at CFB Edmonton are seeking Clinical Psychologists to join the team and provide treatment services to serving members of the Canadian Armed Forces dealing with stress arising from military operations.
Are looking for a rewarding position where you can make a difference?
Join this mental health team and work alongside a mental health team consisting of Psychiatrists, Clinical Psychologists, Mental Health Nurses, Addictions Counsellors, and Clinical Social Workers.
• Collaborative Shared-Care Model
• Motivated Clients
• Time for Administrative Duties
• No Overhead or Administrative Costs
Your Key Duties Include:
• Providing professional services related to the treatment and prevent of psychological, emotional psycho-physiological, and behaviour disorders with an adult population
• Providing treatment of a variety of mental health conditions for Canadian Armed Forces members using evidence-based practice including the use of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and trauma processing therapies along with other modalities of therapy
• Participating as a member of the multi-disciplinary mental health team in case reviews
• Leading and participating in the development, instruction, and counselling during sessions for specific mental illness such as anxiety, PTSD, depression and stress management
• Assisting in the identification, development, and evolution of mental health programming
• Creating and maintaining patient records in a timely manner
1. Degree in Clinical Psychology from an accredited university
2. Registered as a Psychologist and authorized for autonomous practice with the appropriate provincial licensing body
3. 2 years of post-graduate experience, under a license for autonomous, within the last 5 years completing providing treatment services to adults with PTSD, anxiety, mood disorders, and other various mental health illnesses
4. 2 years post-graduate experience, under a license for autonomous, within the last 5 years providing trauma processing therapy to adults
Type of Assignment:
- Full Time or Part Time up to 37.5 hours per week
- Clinic operating hours Monday through Friday
#LI-AR1Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.