About the role:
Calian Health is seeking full time or part time Clinical Psychologists with interest in providing psychological services to Canadian Armed Forces members in their exclusive outpatient clinic located within the Montfort Hospital at 713 Montreal Road in Ottawa, Ontario.
Would you need to relocate for this position? Don’t worry we have that covered! We’re are offering a relocation allowance and would be happy to discuss the details with you.
This role is ideal if you have an interest in treating the military population, operational trauma, and occupational health. This is a rewarding position where you’d make a difference in the lives of the men and women who serve our country and keep us safe.
You would benefit from:
• Gaining expertise on the unique challenges that military members are faced with
• Being part of a multi-disciplinary health care team provides exceptional care
• Being able to ensures that patients receive treatment that will give them the support to heal
• Providing psychological services to motivated, high-functioning patients that present with diverse mental health concerns
• Utilizing your client-centered approach to assess and treat trauma, PTSD, mood disorders personality disorders, and anxiety disorders.
• Contributing to recovery and helping military members on their path to healing
• Having ample time for administrative duties and being able to focus on patient care rather business affairs
Imagine not having to worry about:
• Office space and leases
• Budgeting and business planning
• Business development, marketing campaigns, and advertising costs
• Administrative support costs
In this role you are provided with your patient base, office space, psychometric testing tools, scheduling assistance, and technical solutions and support.
Your Key Duties:
• Providing psycho-diagnostic assessments with an adult population including differential diagnosis
• Providing professional services related to the diagnosis, assessment, evaluation, treatment and prevent of psychological, emotional psycho-physiological, and behaviour disorders with an adult population
• Administering appropriate diagnostic tests for psychometric assessment, interpret the results, and prepare psychological evaluations
• Reporting results and interpretations of tests, interviews, and evaluations to the multi-disciplinary team
• Providing treatment of a variety of mental health conditions for Canadian Armed Forces members using evidence-based practice including the use of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and trauma processing therapies along with other modalities of therapy
• Participating as a member of the multi-disciplinary mental health team in case reviews
• Leading and participating in the development, instruction, and counselling during sessions for specific mental illness such as anxiety, PTSD, depression and stress management
• Assisting in the identification, development, and evolution of mental health programming
• Creating and maintaining patient records in a timely manner
1. Degree in Clinical Psychology from an accredited University by the Canadian Psychological Association or American Psychological Association
2. Registered as a Psychologist and authorized for autonomous practice with the appropriate provincial licensing body
3. 2 years of full-time, post-graduate experience, under a license for autonomous, within the last 5 years completing psycho-diagnostic assessments, including differential diagnosis, and providing using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for adults with PTSD, anxiety, mood disorders, and other various mental health illnesses
4. 2 years of full-time, post-graduate experience, under a license for autonomous, within the last 5 years providing trauma processing therapy to adults (EMDR, Prolonged Exposure, or Cognitive Processing Therapy)
5. Current certification or willingness to obtain CPR Level C with AED
Type of Assignment:
Want to be home in time to watch the hockey game? Don’t want to miss another evening yoga class? Does your dog need an evening walk? Do you need to be home to drop off your child at dance class? The clinic is open from 7:30 am to 4pm. There is no evening or weekend work required, so you don’t need to miss out on opportunities with your family, friends, and fur babies.
Interested? Want to talk about relocating to the beautiful City of Ottawa? Contact Amy Robillard, Health Services Recruiter, by email at [email protected]
Who is Calian Health:
Calian Health is proud to continue a long-standing contractual relationship with the Department of National Defence (DND) to provide healthcare services to the Canadian Armed Forces. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian Health employs health care professionals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of our military members.Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.