About the role:
Calian Health is seeking a full-time Clinical Psychologist for a unique leadership opportunity and with interest in providing psychological services to Canadian Armed Forces members in their exclusive outpatient clinic located on Canadian Forces Base Wainwright. As the Acting Program Manager, you would be responsible for providing psychological services to military members and providing clinical guidance to other mental health professionals in the clinic.
Given added level of responsibility and the role being based in a small town, we are offering relocation assistance in addition to a highly competitive compensation package.
This role is ideal if you have an interest in treating the military population, operational trauma, clinical leadership, and occupational health. This is a rewarding position where you’d make a difference in the lives of the men and women who serve our country and keep us safe.
You would benefit from:
• Gaining expertise on the unique challenges that military members are faced with
• Being part of a multi-disciplinary health care team provides exceptional care
• Being able to ensures that patients receive treatment that will give them the support to heal
• Providing psychological services to motivated, high-functioning patients that present with diverse mental health concerns
• Utilizing your client-centered approach to assess and treat trauma, PTSD, mood disorders personality disorders, and anxiety disorders.
• Contributing to recovery and helping military members on their path to healing
• Having ample time for administrative duties and being able to focus on patient care rather business affairs
Imagine not having to worry about:
• Office space and leases
• Budgeting and business planning
• Business development, marketing campaigns, and advertising costs
• Administrative support costs
In this role you are provided with your patient base, office space, psychometric testing tools, scheduling assistance, and technical solutions and support.
Your Key Duties:
• Providing psycho-diagnostic assessments and cognitive assessments with an adult population including differential diagnosis
• Providing advice to other members of the health care team on medical administration, quality, and patient safety
• Providing clinical guidance and consultation to mental health professionals
• Providing patient clinical reports comprising of results and interpretations of tests, interviews, and evaluations to the health care team to generate care plans
• Providing professional services related to the diagnosis, assessment, evaluation, treatment and prevent of psychological, emotional psycho-physiological, and behaviour disorders with an adult population
• Administering appropriate diagnostic tests for psychometric assessment, interpret the results, and prepare psychological evaluations
• Reporting results and interpretations of tests, interviews, and evaluations to the multi-disciplinary team
• Providing treatment of a variety of mental health conditions for Canadian Armed Forces members using evidence-based practice including the use of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and trauma processing therapies along with other modalities of therapy
• Participating as a member of the multi-disciplinary mental health team in case reviews
• Leading and participating in the development, instruction, and counselling during sessions for specific mental illness such as anxiety, PTSD, depression and stress management
• Assisting in the identification, development, and evolution of mental health programming
• Creating and maintaining patient records in a timely manner
1. Degree in Clinical Psychology from an accredited University by the Canadian Psychological Association or American Psychological Association
2. Registered as a Psychologist and authorized for autonomous practice with the appropriate provincial licensing body
3. 7 years of full-time, post-graduate experience, under a license for autonomous, within the last 10 years completing psycho-diagnostic assessments, including differential diagnosis, and providing using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for adults with PTSD, anxiety, mood disorders, and other various mental health illnesses
4. 1 year of full-time, post-graduate experience, under a license for autonomous, in clinical administration and management of other mental health professionals
5. Current certification or willingness to obtain CPR Level C with AED
Type of Assignment:
Want to be home in time to watch the hockey game? Don’t want to miss another evening yoga class? Does your dog need an evening walk? Do you need to be home to drop off your child at dance class? The clinic is open from 7:30 am to 4pm. There is no evening or weekend work required, so you don’t need to miss out on opportunities with your family, friends, and fur babies.
Interested in the role? Want to know more about the comprehensive compensation package offered? Would you like to take a tour of the clinic to decide if it’s the right environment for you? Contact Amy Robillard, Health Services Recruiter, by email at [email protected]
Who is Calian Health:
Calian Health is proud to continue a long-standing contractual relationship with the Department of National Defence (DND) to provide healthcare services to the Canadian Armed Forces. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian Health employs health care professionals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of our military members.
#LI-AR1Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.