About the role:
Offering a $10,000 signing bonus and competitive compensation package! Don't miss out on this unique leadership opportunity!
Calian is proud to continue a long-standing contractual relationship with the Department of National Defence (DND) to provide healthcare services to the Canadian Armed Forces. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian employs health care professionals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of our military members.
The healthcare team at CFB Wainwright is seeking a Clinical Psychologist in an Acting Program Manager role to join the team and provide professional services and clinical program guidance and clinic advice for the clinical administration and management of other mental health professionals.
In addition, this role also requires the Acting Program Manager provide psychological assessment services and treatment services to serving members of the Canadian Armed Forces dealing with stress arising from military operations.
- Collaborative Shared-Care Model
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Motivated Clients
- Time for Administrative Duties
- No Overhead or Administrative Costs
Your Key Duties Include:
- Providing professional services relating to diagnosis, assessment, evaluation, treatment and prevention of mental illnesses with an adult population
- Providing advice to other members of the health care team on medical administration, quality, and patient safety
- Providing clinical guidance and consultation to mental health professionals
- Providing patient clinical reports comprising of results and interpretations of tests, interviews, and evaluations to the health care team to generate care plans
- Conducting psycho-diagnostic assessments and cognitive assessments with an adult population
- Administering appropriate diagnostic tests for psychometric assessment, interpreting the results, and preparing psychological evaluations
- Providing treatment of a variety of mental health conditions for Canadian Armed Forces members using evidence-based practice including the use of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and trauma processing therapies along with other modalities of therapy
- Leading and participating in the development, instruction, and counselling during sessions for specific mental illness such as anxiety, PTSD, depression and stress management
- Assisting in the identification, development, and evolution of mental health programming
- Degree in Clinical Psychology from an accredited university
- Registered as a Psychologist and authorized for autonomous practice with the appropriate provincial licensing body
- 7 years of post-graduate experience, under a license for autonomous, within the last 10 years completing psycho-diagnostic assessments, including differential diagnosis, and providing treatment services to adults with PTSD, anxiety, mood disorders, and other various mental health illnesses
-1 year of experience in clinical administration and management of other mental health professionals
Type of Assignment:
- Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
- Contract to March 31, 2020 with anticipation of extension
- Clinic operating hours Monday through Friday
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.