About the role:
Calian is proud to continue a long-standing contractual relationship with the Department of National Defence (DND) to provide healthcare services to the Canadian Armed Forces. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian employs health care professionals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of our military members.
The Operational Trauma and Stress Support Centre team at CFB Petawawa is seeking a full time or part time Clinical Psychologist to join the team and provides psychological assessment services and treatment services to serving members of the Canadian Armed Forces dealing with stress arising from military operations.
Are looking for a rewarding position where you can make a difference?
Join this mental health team and work alongside a mental health team consisting of Psychiatrists, Clinical Psychologists, Mental Health Nurses, Addictions Counsellors, and Clinical Social Workers.
• Collaborative Shared-Care Model
• Motivated Clients
• Time for Administrative Duties
• No Overhead or Administrative Costs
Your Key Duties Include:
• Providing psycho-diagnostic assessments with an adult population including differential diagnosis
• Providing professional services related to the diagnosis, assessment, evaluation, treatment and prevent of psychological, emotional psycho-physiological, and behaviour disorders with an adult population
• Administering appropriate diagnostic tests for psychometric assessment, interpreting the results, and preparing psychological evaluations
• Reporting results and interpretations of tests, interviews, and evaluations to the multi-disciplinary team
• Providing treatment of a variety of mental health conditions for Canadian Armed Forces members using evidence-based practice including the use of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and trauma processing therapies along with other modalities of therapy
• Participating as a member of the multi-disciplinary mental health team in case reviews
• Leading and participating in the development, instruction, and counselling during sessions for specific mental illness such as anxiety, PTSD, depression and stress management
• Assisting in the identification, development, and evolution of mental health programming
• Creating and maintaining patient records in a timely manner
About the Ottawa Valley and CFB Petawawa:
Nestled in the heart of the Ottawa Valley, CFB Petawawa is the largest army base in Canada with over 6000 regular force members and is home to 2 Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group, which is an Army Regular Force formation of the 4th Canadian Division. Bordered by the Ottawa River and adjacent to Algonquin Provincial Park, this section of the Ottawa Valley offers numerous options for outdoor enthusiasts and families. This opportunity is ideal for you whether you seek adventure or peaceful tranquility!
1. Degree in Clinical Psychology from an accredited university
2. Registered as a Psychologist and authorized for autonomous practice with the appropriate provincial licensing body
3. 2 years of post-graduate experience, under a license for autonomous, within the last 5 years completing psycho-diagnostic assessments, including differential diagnosis, and providing treatment services to adults with PTSD, anxiety, mood disorders, and other various mental health illnesses
4. 2 years post-graduate experience, under a license for autonomous, within the last 5 years providing trauma processing therapy to adults
Type of Assignment:
- Full Time or Part Time up to 37.5 hours per week
- Contract to March 31, 2019 with anticipation of extension
- Clinic operating hours Monday through Friday
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.