About the role:
Calian is a leader in Canada's healthcare industry with a dynamic team of healthcare professionals delivering premier services coast to coast. Through our exclusive contract with the Department of National Defence Calian's healthcare professionals work in partnership with military teams providing quality healthcare to Canadian Armed Forces members. Our team consists of over 550 healthcare professionals in over 30 base clinic locations across Canada.
CFB Wainwright's mental health team provides assessment and assistance to serving members of the Canadian Armed Forces dealing with stress arising from life's challenges and military operations. They offer individual treatment services and group treatment services for members suffering from a wide range of mental health illnesses including Operational Stress Injuries.
Are looking for a rewarding position where you can make a difference? Join CFB Wainwright's mental health team as a Clinical Psychologist and work alongside a mental health team consisting of Psychiatrists, Clinical Psychologists, Mental Health Nurses, Addictions Counsellors, and Medical Social Workers.
- Collaborative clinic settings
- Motivated clients with diverse presenting issues
- Healthy work-life balance with built in time for administrative duties
- Generous allotments of time for booked appointments
- No overhead or administrative costs
Your Key Duties Include:
• Providing psycho-diagnostic assessments and cognitive assessments
• Administering appropriate diagnostic tests for psychometric assessment, interpreting the results, and preparing psychological evaluations
• Reporting results and interpretations of tests, interviews, and evaluations to the multi-disciplinary team
• Providing treatment of a variety of mental health conditions for Canadian Armed Forces members using evidence-based practice including the use of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and along with other modalities of therapy
• Participating as a member of the multi-disciplinary mental health team in case reviews
• Leading and participating in the development, instruction, and counselling during sessions for specific mental illness such as anxiety, PTSD, depression and stress management
• Assisting in the identification, development, and evolution of mental health programming
• Creating and maintaining patient records in a timely manner
• Degree in Clinical Psychology from an accredited university
• Registered as a Psychologist and authorized for autonomous practice with the appropriate provincial licensing body
• 2 years of post-graduate experience within the last 5 years completing psycho-diagnostic assessments, cognitive assessments, and providing treatment to adults with PTSD, anxiety, mood disorders, and other various mental health illnesses
Type of assignment:
- Full Time or Part time (2 days per week with flexibility to select weekdays that suit you)
- Clinic operating hours Monday through Friday
Calian Group Ltd. has successfully re-won the Health Care Providers Requirements (HCPR) contract for the provision of health support services to the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF). Two additional contracts were also awarded for the provision of health support services to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC). The HCPR contract with the CAF is a renewal of the Health Services Support Contract (HSSC) that Calian has held since 2004. The HCPR contract has an initial term of four (4 years) and an option to extend the contract for up to eight (8) additional years for a total of 12 years.
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.