About the role:
Provide front line telehealth services to post-secondary students while also honing your administrative and leadership skills in this exciting new opportunity coming to British Columbia.
In this role you will provide over the phone and on-line chat support to post-secondary students who may be experiencing a wide variety of mental health challenges including issues related to be not limited to academic success, loss and grief, sexual health, substance abuse, stress and anxiety.
Using a Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and/or Solutions Focus Therapy approach, you will partake in brief counselling sessions to help students manage their mental health and educate them on where to access additional resources in the province.
Additionally, you will take on a training and leadership role for your fellow counsellors. This will involve training new staff and working with the Contract Manager to improve processes and procedures.
This is an exciting opportunity to help develop and implement a new mental health resource for over 420 000 post secondary students.
• Master of Social Work OR Masters of Psychology
• Licensed in the province of British Columbia
• Training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and/or Solutions Focused Therapy
• Membership with the British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC) as a Registered Clinical Counsellor would be considered an asset.
• Experience providing supervision or training to other counsellors would be considered an asset
• Experience providing tele-health or on-line health services would be considered an asset
Type of assignment:
Full time, Monday to Friday
1 to 3 year contract with possibility of extensionCalian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.