About the role:
Are you passionate about both patient care and managing smooth operations within a healthcare environment? If so, the Health Services Nurse Manager is the role for you!
As the Health Services Nurse Manager, you are both a Registered Nurse and Manager of multiple contracts of our Health Services team at Calian. Reporting to the Director of Health, you will be responsible for coordinating and managing Nurse operations of up to 50 nurses and operational activities within each contract.
Other responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Manage budgets, cash flows, 24/7 schedules, human resources and client relationships
• Track the progress and quality of work being performed on the client site by Health Care Providers
• Use project scheduling and control tools to prepare and manage contract plans, budgets, expenditures and reporting to conduct financial analysis
• Ensure clients’ needs are met in a timely and cost-effective manner
• Support client delivery activities, including gross margin targets and contributing to contract growth activity
• Prepare monthly reports including ER Transports and Naloxone usage
• Ensure operations are in compliance with licensing and regulatory requirements, and applicable policy and procedures
• Maintain administrative and medical inventories
• Fill in as a registered nurse, as and when required
• Licensed Registered Nurse
• Experience as a contract manager or similar role
• Experience working with budgets and meeting financial targets
• Knowledge in how to effectively operate a 24/7 schedule
• Customer focused with demonstrated ability to effectively lead a large team
• Ability to work flexible hours
Become a part of the Calian team and join over 3,000 professionals working on projects that span Canada, U.S. and international markets. Our capabilities are diverse enabling us to offer professionals career opportunities within business and technology services in health, training, engineering and IT services as well as within the design, manufacturing and maintenance of complex systems to the communications and defence sectors. Founded in 1982, Calian is a Canadian company that is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (CGY).Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.