About the role:
Are you passionate about process? Do you enjoy helping a company redevelop the way they do business on a day-today? If so, please keep reading this great job opportunity below!
We are currently in search of a Business Systems Analyst, such as yourself, to provide innovative and creative solutions to improve systems and business processes. You will be responsible for analyzing and modeling the business domain to create a complete picture of workflows and functional requirements that are fulfilled by both existing and proposed software. In addition, you will be responsible for the following responsibilities:
• Define business problems and primary objectives of new initiatives. Identify and validate key business requirements.
• Advise on cross-functional continuous improvement efforts.
• Create test plans and monitor the creation of test scenarios and scripts. Coordinate test cycles with the stakeholders, monitoring progress and resolving any roadblocks.
• Improve systems and business processes by studying current practices; designing modifications.
• Recommend controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures.
• Facilitate Lessons Learned debriefs at the end of a project cycle; track recommendations through to implementation
• Review a variety of areas, including sales, proposals, finance, human resources and contract administration
• Apply advanced business knowledge and advanced problem-solving skills to complex business problems.
If you're still interested, you must possess the following:
• Post-secondary degree in a related field, such as Commerce or Administration
• Experience with an ERP system, such as SAP
• Experience with integrating cloud technologies
• At least 3 years’ experience in a Business Analysis role solving business and process problems between different functions
• Proficiency in MS Office, especially MS Visio
• Effective verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to find solutions to cross-functional business problems
• Experience leading small projects and facilitating solution discovery discussions
Type of Assignment:
Permanent, Full Time
Become a part of the Calian team and join over 3,000 professionals working on projects that span Canada, U.S. and international markets. Our capabilities are diverse enabling us to offer professionals career opportunities within business and technology services in health, training, engineering and IT services as well as within the design, manufacturing and maintenance of complex systems to the communications and defence sectors. Founded in 1982, Calian is a Canadian company that is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (CGY).Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.