About the role:
The candidate will manage and coordinate the organization and delivery of a sustainable publicly accessible Wi-Fi strategy at City Facilities to support implementation of the goals and actions emerging from the modernization of City Services. The Broadband Consultant will
• be responsible for providing strategic policy advice to senior management
• work with City stakeholders to lead design, development and implementation of this strategy.
• help launch the TOConnect Wi-Fi Program, a new service supporting the technology modernization of city owned facilities by providing publicly accessible Wi-Fi amenity as a means of increasing digital accessibility to the public.
• drive the program milestones around research, analysis, procurement, and pilot implementation.
• 8+ years of applicable work experience either managing telecom related technology projects or as a consultant advising and leading multiple stakeholders in a telecom initiative.
• Advanced knowledge of Telecommunications industry. This includes: Municipal Programs, pre-existing network within Telecom industry, knowledge of the management and support of wireless technologies and a solid understanding of telecom market trends and emerging technologies
• Ability to implement complex business solutions and taking into account both technical and financial aspects
• Keen but pragmatic interest in next-generation B2B digital evolution and trends
• You can demonstrate experience in business consultant experience within a Telecom program or industry and executing technical (IT) projects in an expert manner leveraging your 8+ years’ experience. It is an asset if you have exposure and experience with Telecom network solutions leveraging a variety of physical assets.
• Strong understanding of third party contracts and vendor relationship management, and government procurement process hands-on experience is essential.
• Strategic Thinker; Problem-solver; Customer Service Orientation
Type of assignment:
Contract (1 year+), Fulltime
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.