About the role:
Do you believe that processes are the key to ensuring quality control and a smooth delivery of products to customers? Do enjoy working as part of a larger team to accomplish a common goal?
If so, we have the perfect role for you! The Procurement Specialist completes procurement tasks in support of the Directorate of Land Procurement for goods, software, POL (Petroleum, Oil and Lubricants), paint and service requirements, including the repair and overhaul of calibration equipment. The Procurement Specialist will support QETE’s engineering labs as well as its National Calibration Program and National Fuel Program.
Other responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Validate new requirements and open procurement files, maintain the shared procurement register and close procurement files
• Solicit bids and ensure that limited tendering is properly justified by the client, as well as prepare and present technical and financial bid evaluation summaries
• Prepare procurement documents for technical authority approval (i.e. RFP, Purchase orders, Call-ups, etc.)
• Liaise and respond to inquiries from clients/units/bases and various stakeholders
• Provide mentoring / knowledge transfer to new employees in the field of Defence Supply Management and Procurement
• Perform logistics / supply management support, including: storage transfer orders, monitoring of inventory levels and approving the release of stocked items
• Bilingual (French, English)
• 2 years experience as a procurement specialist (contracting of goods or services on behalf of the Federal Government of Canada)
• 2 years experience working with Defence Resource Management Information System (DRMIS) or equivalent SAP Financial and Material Management Module
• 2 years experience preparing 3 of the following documents: Request for Proposal, Call-ups, 9200 PWGSC Requisition, Task Authorizations, Contracts/Purchase Orders
• 1 year experience performing supply/logistics activities, including: stock transfers, monitoring of inventory levels, approving the release of stocked items
Become a part of the Calian team and join over 3000 professionals working on projects that span Canada, U.S. and international markets. Our capabilities are diverse enabling us to offer professionals career opportunities within business and technology services in health, training, engineering and IT services as well as within the design, manufacturing and maintenance of complex systems to the communications and defence sectors. Founded in 1982, Calian is a Canadian company that is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (CGY).Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.