About the role:
Are you someone who is passionate about all things related to avionics?
If so, the Avionics Regulatory Specialist position is the role for you. You will be responsible for ensuring that military type had approved certification of avionics systems.
Other responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Regulating aircraft avionics engineering, including experience with avionics upgrades and the integration of avionics systems
• Ensuring avionics systems are airworthiness certified including major design changes and the certification of new aircraft, including review of design, work with basis of certifications, work with certification plans, work with compliance programs and related compliance documentation
If you're still interested, you must possess the following:
• Must be able to obtained a government of Canada Secret Level II clearance
• Must have an undergraduate degree in electrical and/or electronic engineering from a recognized university OR have an undergraduate degree from a recognized university* in engineering or science, and five (5) years' experience as an avionics specialist OR obtained the rank of Captain or above within the Aerospace Engineering Officer (AERE) or Communications and Electronics Engineering (CELE-Air) trade within the CAF and work related experience in the technical field
• Experience with aircraft avionics engineering, including experience with avionics upgrades and the integration of avionics systems in military and/or civilian type aircraft, or the certification of avionics systems.
• Experience with avionics systems airworthiness certification including major design changes or the certification of new aircraft, including review of design, work with basis of certification, work with certification plan, work with compliance programs and related compliance documentation.
• Experience with one (1) of the following topics:
o Engineering principles, practices and current technology in the field of avionics systems and avionics system integration
o Avionics system integration standards, processes and procedures
o Civil and/or military avionics bus protocols and their typical implementation
o Avionics systems design and functioning applicable to communications, navigation, flight management and avionics control/display systems
o Principles, practices and current technology in the field of aircraft systems safety engineering and the application of 1309 Design Analysis, SAE ARP 4761 and SAE ARP 4754 to aircraft system certification
o Avionics ground and flight test principles and practices as applied to fixed and rotary wing aircraft
o The application of airworthiness certification principles applicable to aircraft systems
o Concepts, principles and practices applicable to the design, development and certification of aircraft software
Type of Assignment:
Contract, full-timeCalian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.