About the role:
Do you have an interest in teaching at the Canadian Forces Logistics Training Centre at CFB Borden? Join our growing team of Instructors that currently work at CFLTC.
We currently have an opening for an AVS Course Instructor who is responsible for delivering curriculum for all training requirements. They are accountable to the Course Director for providing all course training documentation, lesson plans and student assessment and evaluation.
• Perform instructional tasks in accordance with approved instructional techniques, while ensuring the safety and security of personnel and materiel
• Prepare, maintain and revise Lesson Plans and Student Study Manuals consistent with current TP's and approved directives
• Advise course director of all issues which could affect the welfare of students
• Advise course director regarding deficient and unserviceable training aids and facilities
• Recommend draft changes to the pertinent QS and TP and course as required
• Provide continuous improvement feedback
• Assist the course director in counseling students on their performance
• Supervise exams
• Graduation from an Avionics Maintenance Technician program offered by a technical institute that is recognized by the Canadian Council for Aviation & Aerospace (CCAA) in the delivery of one or several accredited programs AND three (3) years of experience as an Avionics Maintenance Technician in an aircraft maintenance organization OR
• Graduation from a program offered by a technical institute that is recognized by Transport Canada (TC) as an Approved Training Organization (ATO) and three (3) years of experience as a registered Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (E rating) in an aircraft maintenance organization AND
• At least one (1) year of instructional experience in an adult education environment, PLUS one (1) year of instructional experience, instructional support or a mixture of instructional experience and instructional support experience in an adult education environment OR
• Qualified AVS technician AND At least one (1) year of instructional experience in an adult education environment, PLUS one (1) year of instructional experience, instructional support or a mixture of instructional experience and instructional support experience in an adult education environment
• Pass the AMP Level II exam within the first three (3) months of employment
• Hold a valid SECRET security clearance with PWGSC (we can initiate)
• Bilingual is preferred
Type of assignment:
Full Time, ContractCalian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.