About the role:
Do you consider yourself to be organized and thorough?
If so, the Asset Visibility Specialist position is the position for you! You will assist cataloguing business owned and procured equipment. The services also include stock record verifications, merging stock codes, and the continued assistance for any outstanding cataloguing requirements.
Other responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Assist in processing Materiel Identification Requests (MIR’s) while executing proper cataloguing procedures and cataloguing options for a backlog of owned equipment;
- Catalogue all requirements using a permanent system control number (PSCN), NATO stock number (NSN), or adopt an already existing foreign created NSN;
- Identify correct part numbers and NCAGE combinations using technical data/specifications via manufacturers web site or by contacting the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or proprietary distributor;
- Verify cataloguing requests against corporate systems ie. Canadian Government Cataloguing System (CGCS), NATO Master Cross Reference List (NMCRL) and Fedlog to ensure they are not already catalogued and to assist in the decision making on what cataloguing option will be used;
- Ensure all cataloguing requests are identified as Special Operation Forces specific items or corporate/conventional requirements.
- Assist unit personnel to clear a backlog of materiel that requires cataloguing, ensuring Command as a whole meets the materiel accountability and management requirements;
- Conduct investigations and carry out any required research for faulty data currently established within DRMIS (and deployed DRMIS) to ensure accurate data is filtered down to the units;
- Update information in deployed CFSS and inform the command site functional administrator of the stock codes so that the data can be replicated in all districts;
If you're still interested, you must possess the following:
- Must have a driver’s license.
- Must already have a Government of Canada Secret (Level II) clearance.
- Experience in corporate supply chain policies and procedures pertaining to the Supply Chain System, Materiel Management and Logistics.
- Worked with the Canadian Forces Supply System (CFSS).
- Used SAP software for the establishment of deployed Permanent System Code Numbers (PSCN), and cataloguing request.
- Experience in the use of the Canadian Government Catalogue System (CGCS).
Type of Assignment:
#LI-TT1Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.