About the role:
Calian's team providing training to members of the Canadian Forces through our Canadian Forces School of Aerospace Technology and Engineering (CFSATE) contract is expanding!
We currently have an opening for an AVS Technician who is responsible for first line servicing operations in launching and recovering all types of aircraft.
AVS Technician tasks may include, but may not necessarily be limited to, the following:
• Carry out performance tests, preventative/corrective maintenance, and calibration of systems and their associated components
• Set up and operate test equipment to maintain the above systems
• Operate and maintain computer-controlled automatic test stations
• Prepare and maintain aircraft forms and statistical data
• Operate aircraft support equipment
• Graduation from a two (2) year college Aviation Technician diploma program offered by a recognized technical institute; OR Eligibility for registration as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (M Rating) by a recognized Canadian licensing body.
Canadian Forces-Trained Personnel:
• Qualified to a minimum of the QL 5 Journeyman level (or pre-1987 equivalent);
• A minimum of three (3) years of practical hands-on experience in aviation maintenance activity.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills (oral, written);
• Working knowledge of Tool Control Program (civilian or military);
• Working knowledge of Aircraft Safety (civilian or military);
• Aircraft maintenance crew with two (2) years of supervisory experience;
• Hold a valid SECRET security clearance
Type of assignment:
Full time, contract
#li-kc1Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.