"Scientia A Principio"
If you enjoy working with an exceptional team and love a challenge, we have the role for you!
Calian is looking for an experienced AVN course instructor versed in aircraft maintenance training to fill a requirement at the Canadian Forces School of Aerospace Engineering and Technology.
CFSATE is a DND establishment located at Canadian Forces Base Borden (CFB Borden). The role of CFSATE is to provide the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) with qualified aircraft maintenance personnel by developing and carrying out individual aerospace technical and engineering training in accordance with aviation and military approved doctrine and standards.
CFSATE’s vision is tied to the evolving needs of the RCAF; its commitment to people, efficiency and responsiveness enables the creation and continuous operation of a dedicated, modern, training environment for all future aircraft technicians and aerospace engineers.
The qualifications – including but not limited to:
For Civilian-Trained Personnel:
• Graduation from an Aircraft Maintenance Technician or Aircraft Gas Turbine Engine Repair and Overhaul Technician program offered by a technical institute that is recognized by the Canadian Council for Aviation & Aerospace (CCAA)
• Three (3) years of experience as an Aircraft Maintenance Technician or Aircraft Gas Turbine Engine Repair and Overhaul Technician in an aircraft maintenance organization;
• Graduation from a program offered by a technical institute that is recognized by Transport Canada (TC) as an Approved Training Organization (ATO)
• Three (3) years of experience as a registered Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (M rating) in an aircraft maintenance organization;
For Canadian Forces-Trained Personnel:
• Qualified AVN (or QL 5 trade level for pre-1996 equivalent); and
• At least one (1) year of instructional experience
Tasks – including but not limited to:
• Deliver the curriculum for all course training documentation, lesson plans, and student assessment and evaluation
• Preparing, maintaining, and revising Lesson Plans and Student Study Manuals consistent with current TPs and approved directives
• Originating entries in Student Record Book (SRB) for the purpose of preparing course reports, counselling, etc.
• Recommending draft changes to the pertinent QS and TP and course précis as required;
• Assisting the course director in counselling students on their performance and invigilate exams
• Passing the AMP Level II exam within three (3) months of becoming an AVN Course Instructor under the Contract
Type of assignment:
Become a part of the Calian team and join over 3000 professionals working on projects that span Canada, U.S. and international markets. Our capabilities are diverse enabling us to offer professionals career opportunities within business and technology services in health, training, engineering and IT services as well as within the design, manufacturing and maintenance of complex systems to the communications and defence sectors. Founded in 1982, Calian is a Canadian company that is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (CGY).Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.