About the role:
Do you have experience with the Canadian Army’s Land Command Support System (LCSS) or other military communications networks and would look forward to the challenges of teaching in the field ?
Then the Communications and Information Systems (CIS) Instructor position is the role for you! You will conduct a broad range of activities throughout the entire training life cycle as defined by the Canadian Forces Individual Training and Education System (CFITES).
Other responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Conduct needs assessments in order to examine human performance requirements
• Assist in specifying the required training and education outcomes in terms of essential on-job
• Describe and/or select an instructional program
• Producing effective learning instructional materials
If you're still interested, you must possess the following:
• Must a government of Canada Secret Level II clearance
• Knowledge of Crypto (security communications), Radio Theory (electromagnetic spectrum, amplitude modulation), and Voice procedures
• Experience with:
o High Frequency (HF) Radio
o IRIS Local Area Network
o Ultra High Frequency radio
o Multi-band radio
o Battery charger
o Secure phone
o Data Transfer Device
o User Read Out
o Voice encryption device
Type of Assignment:
#LI-KC1Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.