About the role:
We are currently looking to build an anticipatory team to conduct planning, design, training and experimentation activities as well as the operation and maintenance of various Canada-owned computer simulations and networks used in support of these activities.
These same simulations are used in experiments that provide statistically valid data to Army senior management, which can be used in determining future Army structures and related equipment requirements. In addition, these complex combat operations would be designed to be BOTH cost effective and environmentally sound.
The C2IS Expert is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the employment of C2IS applications such as Land Command Support Systems (LCSS), Defence Wide Access Network (DWAN) and General Purpose
Do you like being the subject matter expert when it comes to C2IS? Are interested in helping the Department of National Defence in assisting with improving our Canadian Army with Army structures and related equipment requirements?
If so, please keep reading!
Other responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Design, develop, test, configure and revise applications associated with C2IS during planning and execution phases of specific activities
• Participate in working groups in Canada and abroad that relate to C2IS software
• Under the direction of the Activity Leader and the SETI, prepare all aspects of the C2IS applications for the SE plan
• Liaise with the Software Scripting Coordinator to develop aspects of C2IS
• Ensure the functionality of the C2IS applications during the activities
• Utilize the information contained within the Canadian Army Operating Environment by incorporating specific data on Canadian, NATO, Allied, and generic enemy force weapons and equipment, to support the training activities
• University Degree or College Diploma in ANY field from a recognized training or post-secondary institution
• 2 years’ experience in the last 5 years using a digital C2IS tool in a Headquarters organization at the Battalion, Brigade or Division level
• Experience using a digital Command Control Information System (C2IS) tool to support simulation training events
• Ability to obtain a Government of Canada security clearance at the Secret level
Type of Assignment: Contract, Full-time
Become a part of the Calian team and join over 3,000 professionals working on projects that span Canada, U.S. and international markets. Our capabilities are diverse enabling us to offer professionals career opportunities within business and technology services in health, training, engineering and IT services as well as within the design, manufacturing and maintenance of complex systems to the communications and defence sectors. Founded in 1982, Calian is a Canadian company that is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (CGY).Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.