Calian is proud to continue a long-standing contractual relationship with the Department of National Defence (DND) to provide healthcare services to the Canadian Armed Forces. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian employs health care professionals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of our military members.
About the role:
This role is part of the Department of National Defence’s expanded telemedicine program, where psychiatrists in larger urban centres will provide healthcare via video-teleconferencing technology to members of the Canadian Armed Forces working in under-served locations.
In this role, you will benefit from:
• Collaborative Shared-Care Model
• Motivated, High Functioning Patients
• Time for Administrative Duties
• Range of Presenting Issues
Key Duties Include:
• Assessment, diagnosis and treatment of a variety of mental health conditions for CAF members via video-teleconferencing technology
• Psychiatry consultation services to Canadian Armed Forces personnel via video-teleconferencing technology
• Participation as a member of the multidisciplinary mental health team in case reviews
• Preparation of detailed written psychiatric assessment reports on referred patients, including recommendations for a treatment plan, and participates in the implementation of the treatment plan by providing psychotherapy, prescribing appropriate somatic therapy and generating patient medical records to support the multidisciplinary team
• Registered for autonomous practice of psychiatry with the provincial College of Physicians and Surgeons
• Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Canada in Psychiatry (FRCPC)
• Experience establishing treatment plans, providing medication management, and medication review
• Experience in working with adult mental health patients with an emphasis on trauma, depression and anxiety disorders
• Experience operating a personal computer and utilizing MS Office software
Type of Assignment:
Location : Clinician will be working from an office at CFB Edmonton and providing services to more remote military locations in Alberta.
Schedule: Full-time (37.5 hrs/wk) (part-time or job share option may be available)
Hours: The clinic operates from Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 4:30pm
Other current Psychiatry vacancies on CFB locations in Canada:
Ottawa, ON (bilingual, telehealth)
Halifax, NS (telehealth)
Edmonton, AB (telehealth)
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.