About the role:
Calian is proud to continue a long-standing contractual relationship with the Department of National Defence (DND) to provide healthcare services to the Canadian Armed Forces. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian employs health care professionals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of our military members.
Calian is seeking a Primary Care Physician to work part time at Canadian Forces Base Comox.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Performing comprehensive health assessments and synthesizing data from multiple sources to make a diagnosis of a disease or disorder
• Initiating and managing the care of patients with a disease or disorder within his/her scope of practice and/or monitoring the ongoing therapy of patients with chronic stable illnesses by providing effective pharmacological, complementary or counseling interventions
• Implementing strategies to promote health and prevent illness with individuals
• Performing periodic health examinations and determining fitness of patients when those patients are faced with acute or chronic illness or disease
• Making appropriate medical employment limitation recommendations
• Practicing as a member of an interdisciplinary team and consulting with members of other health professions as appropriate in order to ensure the health care needs of the patient are met
• Providing occupational health care to CAF aircrew or divers including performing specialized medicals
• Assigning and reviewing occupational flight or dive restrictions
• Clinically investigating and reporting aeromedical and/or diving incidents involving aircrew or divers
Advantages to working in this environment:
• Enjoy a great work/ life balance with regular working hours from 7:30am- 4pm, Monday-Friday
• Generous allotment of time for each patient
• No overhead costs or clinic fees
• Easy access to onsite support services including pharmacy, laboratory, physiotherapy and mental health
• Licensed and in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
• Certification in Family Medicine with the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CCFP)
• Basic Life Support or CPR/AED Level C Certification
• Canadian Forces Basic Aviation Medicine or Basic Diving Medicine Certification
Type of Assignment: Part time contract available
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.