Victoria Role Players (Esquimalt)
Would you like to participate in an exciting casual contract and assist the military with some training exercises that they have coming up? We are looking for individuals who are interested in being "Role Players and Actors" to assist the Department of National Defence (DND).
You would require a PWGSC "Enhanced Reliability Clearance" to work on this contract, so if you do not have one, we can initiate the process for you right away. Once it is granted, you can be considered!
Role Players will be primarily involved in:
• Interview based scenes which will take place in military environments requiring a clearance or in the local population at public locations. You will perform a broad spectrum of roles to include:
- civilians in the battle space
- suspicious persons
- prisoners of war
- friendly combatants
- enemy combatants
• All scenes will be controlled by the DND staff.
• You would be required to wear costumes provided to you.
• Expected to wear ear defenders, blind folds and restraints for short periods of time which will be supplied.
• Provide safety support by administering immediate first aid to students and unit personnel in the event of an emergency.
• Required to follow directions and orders of staff.
• Shifts may vary – days, evenings or nights / usually 8 to 10 hour shifts, and possible weekend work to support re-testing of students.
• Must have a valid PWGSC Clearance (If you do not have this, we will initiate the request)
• Must have completed the WHMIS course and First Aid Certification within the last 2 years (If you do not have this, we will initiate the request)
• Must have a High School Diploma or former Military member
• Previous acting experience, or military experience would be a strong asset
DND will provide the required direction, training and safety supervision for all scenarios.
Type of assignment: Contract, casual
Become a part of the Calian team and join over 3000 professionals working on projects across Canada. Our capabilities are diverse enabling us to offer professionals career opportunities within business and technology services in Health, Learning, Engineering and IT services. Founded in 1982, Calian is a Canadian company that is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (CGY).
#gd-kc1Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.