About the Role:
This role will offer you the opportunity to:
• Practice your nursing skills in an autonomous role
• Work in a new and unique work environment
• Demonstrate your strong clinical judgment
Registered Nurses work collaboratively with RCMP Officers at the City of Surrey Jail Cells to provide newly arrested individuals with medical services to ensure their health and wellbeing while in custody.
One Registered Nurse is always on site. In this role you will perform intake assessments on newly arrested individuals who are being held at the city jail. You will determine if an individual is fit to remain in the cells or if their medical status requires transfer to hospital. You will administer medications where required and respond to crisis.
• Licensed as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals
• Current certification in CPR/AED Level HCP (BLS)
• Two years’ experience in a medical/surgical unit or emergency room environment is required
Type of Assignment:
Contract, Full time, 2 days, 2 nights, 4 off, 12 hour shifts
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.