About the role:
Do you enjoy working on a variety of projects? Are you someone that likes to take a proactive approach to solving business problems by applying technology and process?
If so, our Network Administrator position is the role for you! You will have the opportunity to take on the responsibility of ensuring the stable operation of Calian’s computing and telecommunications infrastructure, including: firewalls, switches, wireless access points, LAN and WAN equipment and connections and VOIP phone systems.
Other responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Research, design, plan and coordinate LAN, WAN, SDWAN, Firewall, IDS/IPS, Security and DNS infrastructure upgrades, enhancements and improvements
• Evaluate network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment
• Participate in operational and business-critical projects
• Analyze service incidents and problems, identify risks, provide recommendations, and implement solutions
• Prepare and maintain detailed documentation and network and voice infrastructure policies, standards and diagrams
• Take ownership of all assigned tickets, researching and escalating to the vendor as necessary
• Enforce network security by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation plans, maintaining documentation
• Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information
• College diploma or university degree in computer science or equivalent experience
• 5-7 years of LAN / WAN network support experience in a large enterprise environment
• Experience managing and troubleshooting firewalls, switches and routers
• Experience deploying, managing and troubleshooting SD-WAN technologies
• Solid understanding of LAN/WAN routing protocols
• Solid understanding of IPS/IDS
• Experience managing and troubleshooting Microsoft DNS
• Strong understanding and knowledge of network security and best practicesCalian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.