Business Writing and Presentation Skills Training
Calian is looking for a skilled and experienced Business Writing and Presentation Skills Training resource who is available in the Mississauga/Peel region.
The ideal candidate will have experience hosting workshops in different learning formats (in-person, virtual, and/or blended via vendor-hosted platform) and should be experienced with providing training on subjects such as:
Business Writing skills
• Introductory and Advanced level business writing;
• Introductory and Advanced presentation writing, and;
• Introductory and Advanced business report writing
In-Person and Virtual Presentation, Public Speaking, and Meeting Management skills:
• Introductory and Advanced general presentation and/or public speaking skills required for both virtual and in-person events, including how to structure and organize for flow, enhancing executive presence, tone, voice projection, and use of non-verbal body language
• Overcoming presentation anxiety
• Impromptu/unrehearsed speaking including maintaining composure, tact, and clarity
• Use of virtual technology, including using lighting effectively, make-up, camera placement
• Communication skills to inspire and motivate followers, including communicating a vision, demonstrating authenticity, use of storytelling, plain language and clarity to convey purpose and engage others
• Critique and analysis of current executive communication style (from expert and peer) including: opportunities to demonstrate style for feedback purposes and individualized recommendations, support and tools/resources to sustain learnings over time.
The candidate would be expected to deliver courses over a 12-month period at a frequency dependent
on the level and demand within the workforce. Class sizes are expected to range from 15-20 participants and would run from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and/or 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Type of assignment:
Become a part of the Calian team and join over 3,000 professionals working on projects that span Canada, U.S. and international markets. Our capabilities are diverse enabling us to offer professionals career opportunities within business and technology services in health, training, engineering and IT services as well as within the design, manufacturing and maintenance of complex systems to the communications and defence sectors. Founded in 1982, Calian is a Canadian company that is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (CGY).
#LI-TL1 #GD-TL1 #LRNCalian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.